Oxford Center Fire Company #1

Friday 01/27/17 around 10:00 AM the Oxford Fire Department was called for a Haz-Mat at the Oxford High School in the pool area on arrival of the fire department there was (4 ) 5gallon buckets of Calcium Hypochlorite that is used for the pool had gotten wet and was off gassing when the container was open. The custodian that was exposed was treated and released the chemical were put into and over pack drums and remove from the school. At no time were the students were in no danger at any time during this incident they were in a lockdown in place until the area was metered and deemed safe.

House fire on Hawley Road